Do you still consider about email marketing as part of your strategy? Rumors say that email is dead or at least on its way out for quite some time now. But the data showed different things.
Email marketing is actually about sending a direct commercial message, typically to a group of people using email. The purpose is to reach our audience, the ones that we got or the potential ones. Email is still considered as one of the most powerful tools for marketers. Email marketing actually is on the rise over the past few years.
- Email still delivers the highest ROI for marketers – from Econsultancy’s Email Marketing Industry Census 2016
- Per year-over-year analysis of 2014 and 2015, email grew at a rapid 28% – from Communicator Corp’s Email Benchmark Report 2016
- 80% of marketers agree that email is core to their business – from Salesforce’s 2016 State of Marketing Research Report
- Email use worldwide will top 3 billion users by 2020 – from The Radicati Group’s Email Statistics Report, 2016-2020
- 68% of teens and 73% of millennials ages 19-34 prefer email over other marketing communications – from Adestra’s 2016 Consumer Adoption & Usage Study
- 65.7% of opened email had engagement for more than 10 seconds, which is an increase over last year’s metric of 61.9% – from Informz’s 2016 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report
We all know that there all a lot of new forms of online marketing and emerging technologies today. So is it important for us (as marketers) to keep using email marketing?
They prefer email as communication tool
Some clients don’t like personal communication through text messages. That’s why the win-win solution to build such a personal communication is through email.
They shop through email and use it to find deals
When you do marketing in social media, people have to be in the right place at the right time to even see it appears in their social media feed. Email is different. You can see it in your inbox and people will have their own time to enjoy your message.
Most sustainable way for brands to stay relevant
Social media can die out over time, they even have their popular time. Email actually has shown its ability to adapt to engage more on customer experience. The email also has the power of personalization, even it is sent to a lot of people, email can be addressed to an individual subscriber by name and provide them with the personal experience they expect.
Email provides the biggest reach
It is like a telephone; everyone can use the email as daily communication as well. Everyone has their own email now, so we can say that email provides the biggest reach than any other platform.
Control your list
What’s the marketing channel you can control? The answer will be email. Email is one of your valuable assets. It has its own channel, you can even update your terms, change your creative or manage your own list.
As long as these powers are owned by email, there is no word “dead” for email. It is till effective way even for the next 5 years. Everyone needs email and let’s connect!